The Trust has three subcommittees to carry out the operations of the Trust. The members of the subcommittees include trustees and specialists advisors.
- The Restoration subcommittee has responsibility for matters concerning plants and animals.
- The Recreation subcommittee has responsibility for matters concerning visitors, education and heritage.
- The Commercial subcommittee has responsibility for fund raising and commercial arrangements.
1. The trustees meet monthly to govern the trusts activities.The trust is audited by KPMG.
2. Administration is provided by Outboard Boating Club of Auckland Inc.
3. The trustees liaise and communicate with iwi, Department of Conservation, and other stakeholders.