Weekday volunteer trips
Weekday volunteer trips are currently being arranged with the use of the charter vessel Dreamweaver. Please contact Simon Sheen at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Cost $45 per person with the vessel departing Z Pier Westhaven Marina at 8.40 am and returning to Westhaven approximately 4.15 pm.
Midweek volunteers are welcomed and should contact email@example.com
The Trust runs a flexible midweek volunteer programme. Whether you are a corporate team looking for an excellent ‘volunteer day’ option or an individual wanting to make a difference, please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities are season dependent, with tree planting from autumn to early spring, with the rest of the year including; seed collecting, nursery tasks, weedwork, track clearing, and other relevant jobs. Along with Trust Leaders we can tailor a day to fit with a wide variety of ages (5-80), fitness levels and experience. The aim is to enjoy the beautiful island and contribute to its future.
- Map of the island:
- See Google or the Location page
- Health and Safety: Hazards for volunteers link
- There will be a briefing on the island.
- First Aid kits available on the tractor and in the woolshed
- AED Defribrillator in place at Isthmus Toilet Block for emergency - please follow instructions
- Mobile phone:
- Work fine on the island…….but no wifi
- What is on the island:
- No shops, vehicles, people (excluding Doc Ranger) or pests.
- 440,000 trees planted since 2000
- Little Spotted Kiwi, Tieke, Kakariki, Tuatara, Whitehead, Duvaucel Geckos and more...
*Please familiarise yourself and comply with Biosecurity rules ie sealed containers