2023 Sunday, Weekday Trips and Upcoming Events
Motuihe Island / Te Motu-a-Ihenga
If you would like to volunteer and contribute to the restoration project:
Motuihe Restoration Project enters a new Phase
We have opportunities for volunteers:
- To work in teams which in-fill already planted areas with canopy trees grown in our nursery.
- To work in the nursery, propagating the canopy species and a range of rare and endangered plants
- To spot and destroy weeds
- To help maintain our tracks
- To support and take part in our biodiversity monitoring programmes
- To man our kiosk over the summer
For any of these activities, full training will be given. Children(under 16) are welcome but must be supervised by a parent/adult.
Mid week volunteer Trips
For volunteers, whether individuals or groups, midweek trips run throughout the year. Dates are ad hoc so check details on Facebook@motuiheisland or email Simon for more information at email@example.com
Sunday Volunteer Trips
We may be able to charter a Red Boat ferry for groups of 40 or more.
For information email Fiona firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekend Monitoring Trips
These trips for our Kiwi Call survey team, Reptile Monitoring survey team, Camera grid team and the Invertebrate monitoring team require volunteers to register and complete training. Some work is completed with a day-trip using the Red Boat ferry and the overnight trips use the Auckland Sea Shuttle, departing from Okahu Bay.
For info, trip schedule and registration: email Julie email@example.com
Kiosk (Summer weekends)
For info, registration and training: email Fiona firstname.lastname@example.org